Friday, October 10, 2014

ASB kids were cool in highschool ?

 (wierd ASB family)






















I was going into my senior year in high school and wanted to do something to impact my school.I decided to make a bold move and interview for ASB. I decided to try out for PEP/Activities since I was a very spirited person throughout high school.

Day one of interviews was so nerve wrecking. It was a hot day, and I was freaking out on what questions they were going to ask me. I walked in and the entire table was full of the"board" of people. My interview went smoothly even though I was stuttering within answering just about every question. I had the grades,experience,and activities they were looking for and I went out of that interview confident.After the interview at school I experienced a lot of criticism from fellow classmates.Since I'm a pretty quite person and was a tad be of a nerd, I was told I couldn't and wouldn't make this position that requires an outgoing person.

About a week later started the 2nd round of the interview  process which was a speech in front of a board of people as well as some staff members. I tried to get creative in this process by spelling out " spirit" within my speech saying how I WOULD fit in and reasons why.That day I felt the most confident in the process.I was waiting in a huge line and realized everyone was trying out for the same position I was. I started getting anxious knowing in the past there has only been about 3 or 4 spots in this regent. So here I go again walking,this time into a full library of people waiting for my 2 minute speech. I felt everyone's eyes glued to me and my little posters with my speech taped to the back. I saw the excitement and heard the little giggles within my speech. I wanted to make it factual but also fun for I wanted to be responsible for organizing all the activities within my school.

 Once I finished I felt a sense of relief,and went home secretly thinking who I thought would make it based off who was in line with me.

The following week was the moment of truth, I received a note in one of my classes that I made it ! I felt so happy in that moment. I proved that I can make it for myself and also show others that I have potential to make an impact in my school.

 This accomplishment continued and grew into others throughout my entire year. I was blessed with that opportunity and it has really shaped me into the person I am. I know its not a big deal for anyone else but, for me it was great !!!!
  • HTH ASB Summer Nights

1 comment:

  1. This just literally put a PEP on my STEP! Although I am not a cheerleader, this one just hit the ball out of the park. Very strong and articulate moves in the procedural knowledge of embedding evidence, how motivated and enthusiastic your persona showed in your work ethic. You can used this to stoke the fire motivating you in every way. Great Work.

    ReplyDelete