Friday, October 3, 2014

Student as a cheerleader.

Displaying photo.JPGI've been a cheerleader for now going on 10 years.I started off on sideline and competitive cheer but found my passion in all-star cheer.I'm currently on a Coed level 6 team. Cheer is my life and I've always had to balance being a student and being in cheer because of competitions,and practices. This was easy to me because I got to think of cheer in a different way.I think of being a student as being in a cheer stunt. 

The bases:My teachers and Professors
 Me/student: Flyer
The coach: Is my family
The crowd: Is society 







The bases are responsible for guiding me up to the air. They are the ones giving the flyer the tools she needs to stay up in the air. They lift the flyer up and have to check up on her/him to see if they're okay in the air.( A teacher checking in on the student and giving them the correct tools they need)

(can you see me?)

Me, the student is the flyer. I am up on top of the pyramid, it is my responsibility to stay tight (focused), remember what my coach taught me, and apply the knowledge I learned through experience ,such as falling down and failing.Also, if my bases are failing at doing their part, I'm going to do everything in my control to stay up in the air and save the overall stunt.








The coach is the one who is responsible to be on the same page as the whole team. They are the motivators to do better and to work harder towards our goals for the team.
(my Allstar coaches)

(my HHS coach)


The crowd are the spectators. Sometimes this is other classmates or society in a whole. They observe and watch your every move to see if you're going to stick every stunt or not and also what the outcome is going to be in the end, getting an award or not.(diploma)

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment