Saturday, November 1, 2014

uh-LIH-suh

ALYSSA
Alyssa pronounced uh-LIH-suh
Thats how I like it and thats whats proper right?
alot of people get it wrong
My parents say it wrong to me they say it
more like uh-lee-siii-uhhh
if they wanted to name me that they should of spelled it
differently maybe more like Alissia or Elisa I don't know
Alyssa happens to be a popular name
actually it was the most common name of 1995
and of course that's the year I was coming into this world

I discovered other Alyssas starting in preschool
And throughout elementary school there was other Alyssas
I was always labeled Alyssa M.
I hated that
M M M M M M
for six years !
Then I met my best friend...
also an Alyssa
We became " THE ALYSSAs
  My name follows me
THE ALYSSAs happened to cheer together
be and her are always together
our names became our title as friends

I have a love hate relationship with my name
I love why I have my name:
My great grandma Elissia"Alice" Gomez
My parents tried to combine the names
It was a good gesture and they thought it would be different
They thought wrong....but its okay

The name Alyssa comes from alyssum which is a flower
When you think about it, its nice to say
Yeah my name comes from a flower.
Flowers to me represent beauty
I like that
I hope I reflect beauty inside and out just like the flower
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjPYo7rGLv_U6qbAScIhrkQVkJtwOSyGq7eZ1pE2nIOzi2QYoyMUR4bxr0-GM-hf9kg_9Fsap6mvfdA-ie7qz-bxssBB5nXvetdrk5a44clhKvQcDLYedrDah2gnkdLMnxiNKYQnvnTBac/s1600/alissum6.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment